Heat Surveillance reports are generated weekly during the heat season and an annual heat surveillance mortality and morbidity report are available summarizing the data. The weekly reporting time periods are from Sunday to Saturday, week ending (W/E) is always a Saturday.
Click on a link below to the corresponding weekly or annual report to see more information. For additional heat safety information please visit our Heat Safety page.
Seasonal Weekly Reports (Heat Season: May - October)
2021 Heat Mortality/Morbidity Reports (reporting time period is from Sunday to Saturday, week ending (W/E) is always a Saturday). Reports are not posted after Week 40.
- View the Most Recent Heat Mortality / Morbidity Report Opens a New Window
- View All the Weekly Heat Mortality / Morbidity Reports
Yearly Mortality Reports
Browse through our current and past mortality reports.
- 2021 Preliminary Annual Report (PDF)
- 2020 Annual Final Report (PDF)
- 2019 Annual Final Report (PDF)
- View All the Mortality Reports
Multi-Year Morbidity Report
- Heat-Associated Mortality in a Hot Climate: Maricopa County, Arizona, 2006-2016 (PDF)
- Assessing the Cooling Needs Of Homebound Individuals In Maricopa County, 2016 (PDF)
- "It’s not the heat, it’s the vulnerability: attribution of the 2016 spike in heat-associated deaths in Maricopa County, Arizona" by Putnam et al (PDF - September 2018)
- Cooling Center Evaluation (PDF - January 2017)
- Heat-Related Illness Syndrome Query (PDF - September 2016)
- Cooling Center Evaluation Summary Report (PDF - Infographic)
- Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) "Heat Vulnerability and Emergency Preparedness Needs Assessment" Report (PDF - March 2015)
- "Maricopa County Cooling Center Evaluation Project" Facility Manager Survey Results (PDF - September 2015)
- "Maricopa County Cooling Center Evaluation Project" Observational Survey Results (PDF - September 2015)
- "Maricopa County Cooling Center Evaluation Project" Visitor Survey Results (PDF - September 2015)