Did You Receive a Text or Phone Call from MCDPH?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you likely have received a text from Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) asking for your help in gathering information as part of our patient case investigation and contact tracing efforts. If you have questions about the validity of the text you received, please call our direct hotline at 602-747-7099 or email us.
Encrypted websites make the information you enter online secure. You can verify a webpage is encrypted by looking for a padlock in the address bar where you see the name of the link. Click the padlock to display the website’s security certificate:
The link you received from MCDPH is encrypted, making it as secure as when you bank online. Rest assured, the information you enter as part of the online questionnaire is safe and confidential.
We understand that news about your positive diagnosis for COVID-19 may be distressing to you, and that you may be in the process of recovering from your illness. We are working as quickly as possible to talk to all people who test positive for COVID-19 and will be calling you (or your authorized representative) to answer any questions you may have.
To help accelerate our data collection process, we are gathering some initial information through the secure, confidential online form you received via text. Information you provide will help prepare our investigator for their follow-up call with you. The form includes questions about:
- Date of birth
- What symptoms you are experiencing (if any) and how severe they are
- What underlying medical conditions you have (if any)
- Best contact information to reach you
- Your preferred language for when Public Health contacts you
The form should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Information shared will be kept confidential and will not be shared outside of Public Health.
Once you submit the form, a public health staff member will call you within a few days to follow-up on your responses and gather additional information. We look forward to talking with you and encourage you to write down any questions or concerns you may in preparation for our interview.
For questions specific to your specific health or health conditions you have, we encourage you to reach out to your healthcare provider or call the toll-free statewide COVID-19 information line at 1-844-542-8201.
Following are links to information and guidance provided by MCDPH as part of your positive test result with COVID-19. Please read through these pages and share information with close contacts who may have been exposed while you were infected with COVID-19 to help reduce the spread of illness in our community. Thank you!
- If you have not had a COVID-19 test recently and received a text regarding this form, please disregard the message.
- If you receive a text stating it is from MCDPH that asks for any personal information not related to your COVID-19 symptoms, please disregard.
- Your test results should be communicated to you by the provider’s office or testing site where your test was performed.
- Mobile phone numbers for text alerts are obtained through laboratory reports provided to Public Health. If you do not receive a text message, but recently tested positive for COVID-19, you will still be contacted by Public Health for an interview. All cases of COVID-19 (tested positive with a PCR or antigen test) are contacted by Public Health staff as part of the case investigation and contact tracing process.
- If your COVID-19 test comes back negative, Public Health will NOT contact you since there is no need to open a case investigation. You will not receive a text or a phone call about your negative test results from Public Health.
- Current Research Studies for those who tested positive with COVID-19