What is the White Tank Grand Avenue Plan?
Maricopa County is updating its 2000 White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan. This is one of several area land use plans that work in concert with the County’s Vision 2030 Comprehensive Plan and provide more specific and localized planning guidance. Since the current White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan was adopted over 20 years ago, the region has experienced significant growth.
Given the growth and development that has occurred in both the incorporated and unincorporated areas in the West Valley over the past few decades, the County is now embarking on an update process to ensure that the region is planned holistically and in coordination with the wide range of cities, towns, school districts and landowners in the area.
The White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan will be:
- A plan that reflects the interests and needs of the White Tank Grand Avenue Area
- A plan that is more user-friendly
- A plan with up-to-date data
- A plan that aligns with State laws and current County policies and studies
- A plan that promotes coordination with other local and State planning efforts
- A plan that identifies an appropriate mix of land uses, services, and infrastructure
- A plan that identifies future growth patterns to provide development guidance
- A plan that identifies key goals and policies to guide future growth
What is this Plan's Timeline?
The County will be engaged in the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan update process between spring 2023 and winter 2024. There will be opportunities to get involved and share your input between June-December 2023.
- Maricopa County launches update of the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan - Press Release, July 6, 2023
- White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan Existing Conditions Report (Executive Summary) - July 2023
- Maricopa County hosts community meeting for the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan in Sun City West - Press Release, August 14, 2023
- 2000 White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan
- Additional documents to be added throughout process
Past Meetings and Presentations
How can I participate?
There will be a variety of ways to engage with the Plan Update throughout the process and info on this page will be updated regularly.
Don't miss our next in-person meeting: Sign up here >>
Join Maricopa County for our third Community Meeting on Wednesday, September 27 from 5-6:30 p.m. to learn more about the plan and share your input. The meeting will include a plan overview presentation, activities to provide input, and opportunities to chat with the project team to learn more about the update process.
White Tank Grand Avenue Plan Community Meeting
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Time: 5-6:30 p.m.
Location: Morristown Elementary School, 25950 W Rockway Hills Rd, Morristown, AZ 85342
Sign up here >>
In this second questionnaire, we're looking for feedback on key ideas/guiding principles that will help guide the plan's goals and policies. This questionnaire should take 5 minutes to complete, and your input will help shape the region for years to come!