Thanks to the generosity of our partners at Bissell Pet Foundation, Maricopa County Animal Care and Control will be offering fee-waived adoptions beginning Tuesday, March 24, extending tentatively through Thursday, April 2, in an effort to #EmptyTheShelters.
Dogs and cats at both West and East Valley Animal Care Centers will be available for fee-waived adoption, which includes licensing for dogs. Puppies (under five months of age) are excluded from the promotion. Licensing is included.
These are unprecedented times and we are encouraging the community to adopt today and save a life. The companionship of an animal is so important now more than ever. Our teams are doing what we can to help keep our staff, volunteers, our animals, and our community safe.
Safety is our primary concern and we continue to take precautions based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and other agencies, which include distancing, cleanliness and fewer than 10 people in enclosed areas.
It’s our goal to reduce wait times by continuing our appointment only system. Here’s a recap:
- You must sign up at sign up
- Get paired with an Adoption Counselor at your appointment time *
- Meet the pet of your dream
- Complete the adoption paperwork
- Go home with your new best friend!
* If an Adoption Counselor is occupied with a previous appointment trying to make a forever match, we’ll take down your information, add you to a wait list and contact you when a team member is available. We encourage you to research and bring a list of the pets you are interested in, but you will be limited to meeting two animals per appointment.
Please browse adoptable pets at adopt and write down their ID number (A number). Please note there may still be extended wait times while we all work hard together to ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, visitors, and the animals in our care while we try to find each dog or cat their new forever home.
The shelter’s hours adoption hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. As always, donations and support are greatly appreciated. Please visit donate for more information.