My property is used for agriculture, is it exempt?

It may qualify, but minimum requirements have to be met. An application for an agricultural exemption must be processed and approved after obtaining approval from the Maricopa County Assessor’s Office with an Agricultural Status. An agricultural exemption certificate may then be issued. This exemption certificate authorizes the approved use of the property to be exempt from the County Building Codes, Zoning Ordinance, and Drainage Regulations. However, other regulatory agencies such as Flood Control & Environmental Services still have the authority to regulate.

Show All Answers

1. My property is zoned agricultural. I don't need permits, do I?
2. Once I have received an exemption certificate, do I need permits in order build?
3. My property is used for agriculture, is it exempt?
4. How do I apply?
5. What qualifies my property for an agricultural exemption?
6. What is an agricultural exemption?